Taking Action on Deaf-Friendly Treaty, CRPD!
Calling for the deaf and hard of hearing community to support the only international human rights treaty that recognizes the inclusion of sign language and deaf culture in society.
For people who cannot see the image, I have copy/pasted the same text that is in the flyer further below. You also can download a PDF format of the flyer. More resources for deaf and hard of hearing advocates who support U.S. ratification of the CRPD are at http://bit.ly/DeafCRPD.
Tell U.S. Senators to ratify the CRPD!
Support the Deaf-friendly treaty!
- A new international treaty, called Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), recognizes the inclusion of sign language and deaf culture in society.
- More than 135+ countries have ratified the CRPD since 2006— but NOT the U.S.!
- More than 700 U.S. organizations want to change that. These include the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) and the U.S. International Council on Disabilities (USICD).
- We need YOUR help to make it happen.
- Organizations opposed to international treaties are using misinformation to fight against the CRPD. You can help…
View original post 172 more words