Lend YOUR Face to Support the US CRPD Ratification Effort!
What is the CRPD?
CRPD stands for Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the first international treaty to address the human rights needs of people with disabilities. We lost the first CRPD vote in 2012 because the opposition spread lies and misinformation. Don’t let us lose again in 2014. Senator Reid could schedule a new floor vote on the CRPD at any time that the Senate is in session.
First, Tell both of your senators that you want them to ratify the CRPD.
The second thing you can do is: Lend your face!
How Do I “Lend My Face”?
- Catch the attention of senators with a picture of YOU! Pose for the picture with your own homemade sign supporting the CRPD. Your sign can briefly explain why the CRPD matters to you.
- Email your picture to Andrea Shettle at USICD (email@example.com) and she can Tweet it for you. Tell Andrea what state you are from so she knows which Senators to address for you!
- Or if you prefer to Tweet or Facebook the picture yourself:
- Use the hash tag #CRPD in your message
- Use the message to ask your followers to take action to support the “Disability Treaty” at http://disabilitytreaty.org!
- Address the message to your Senators! Find their Twitter handle and Facebook page at http://bit.ly/ReachSenators
- Need ideas for a message to accompany your picture? Click on some of the pictures below to see what message people tweeted with their picture! Always include the #CRPD hash tag AND the http://disabilitytreaty.org web link.
Find more ideas for how to help in the Disability Treaty Action Handout.